Saturday, September 22, 2007

Wounded

She sits by the river with tears streaming down her young face.
For she’s never heard about God’s grace.
She thirsts for clean water.
But her cry is only echoed in the darkness.
And she cries out (and he cries out) "Will anybody ever love me?
Will someone please quench my thirst?
My tears were cried unheard.
But I don’t weep any longer
Cause I know it would only make the feeling of being alone that much stronger.
And tears that were never cried are cutting my wounded and dying heart."
He was told he was a nobody.
They said that he was an accident.
And he has always been alone.
Yeah, nobody reached out to him,
So he now lies there suffocating in his own sin.
And she cries out (and he cries out) "Will anybody ever love me?
Will someone please quench my thirst?
My tears were cried unheard.
But I don’t weep any longer
Cause I know it would only make the feeling of being alone that much stronger.
And tears that were never cried are cutting my wounded and dying heart."
Her heart is already wounded.
Yeah, she never knew what it was like to be loved.
Her heart is breaking in the silence.
She’s never been told of the one who purchased her with His own blood.
Who will go an tell her of the hope that we have?
Written by Stacie

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Is this gonna be a poetry blog? That would be cool!

katelyn said...

Hey Stacie!!!
You write such good poetry!!!
Have a great day!!
Kate

Stacie said...

Thanks! Yeah I think I'm gonna post mostly poetry and some other stuff too.
Thanks, Autumn and Kate!