Friday, September 28, 2007

Fight the Good Fight

What is right?
What is wrong?
Is my life built on a rock?
In a whirl
It seems to go faster everyday
If it weren’t for God, I’d fall in every which way
Time spins
The bell buzzes like a bee
The second hand seems to tick faster everyday
In a whirl
I keep spinning
Oh how I need Jesus to help me
I need His love to guide me when there is no light
I need to carry his candle when it’s dark
I must take up the sword
In a whirl, my life goes
Am I coming? Am I going?
Will I try to do it all on my own strength?
Or will I rely on my Savior that’s living inside of me?
I must study His life manual
So I can know how to use my two-edged sword
I fight the good fight of faith with God on my side
The light is my Father
His breath and love letter guide my crooked steps
And lead me unto the way everlasting
Into the light of day
My night time is as bright as the sun
I follow the light
I take up the sword
Fight the good fight of faith
Pursue love, godliness, and righteousness
Are you prepared?
Join me, and we and the Father will fight the enemy
And experience sweet victory
I point the two edged sword which is the Word
As we rest in God’s loving care,
Fight the good fight of faith!

Written by Stacie (2007)

1 comment:

katelyn said...

Wow Stacie!! You write amazing poetry!